- Board Members
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019 Fashion Show
- January 2019 Awards & Author Vicki Mullins
- 2018 Homes for Holidays
- 5K Fundraising Walk- Nov 2018
- May 2018 Lake Pleasant Trip
- April Landscape Tour 2018
- March 2018 Members Only Event
- February 2018 Fashion Show
- January 2018
- Holiday Dinner Dance
- Mistletoe Magic
- November Event
- Corks for a Cause
- Holiday Home Tours
- Charitable Giving
- Join & Volunteer
- Contact Us
- Link Page
TRILOGY AT VISTANCIA WOMEN’S CLUB BYLAWS
The name of this organization shall be Trilogy at Vistancia Women’s Club (hereinafter referred to as TAVWC).
The purpose of this organization is to provide an umbrella of various social events under which women of Trilogy at Vistancia, AZ, will have the opportunity for social fellowship, community involvement and/or charitable activities.
These Bylaws comply with the Association Rules of the Trilogy at Vistancia Community Association (hereinafter referred to as TVCA), August 2005, Article 9, TRILOGY CLUBS. In the event of a conflict between these Bylaws and the referenced governing document of the TVCA, the TVCA document shall prevail.
The TAVWC shall be operated as a Trilogy club in accordance with the Association Rules of the TVCA.
The TAVWC Membership Roster is the exclusive property of the TAVWC, and shall be used only for official TAVWC purposes. Use of the roster for individual or business solicitation is expressly prohibited.
REGULAR MEMBERSHIP-Regular membership shall be open to all women who are bona fide members of the TVCA as stipulated in The Trilogy at Vistancia Rules, Article 9.3.2, and residents of Trilogy at Vistancia, without discrimination as to race, religion, color, ethnic culture or national heritage.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP-Associate membership will be open to non-owner residents of Trilogy at Vistancia (e.g. renters) and contractual buyers who have not yet closed escrow.
Any non-resident guests must be accompanied by a Trilogy at Vistancia resident.
There shall be no other precondition for membership, nor will members be required to join any state or regionally affiliated organization.
TAVWC dues shall be $20 for the first calendar year of membership and $15 for each subsequent calendar year of membership. New members shall be given a name badge upon joining TAVWC. TAVWC dues shall be renewed each year between October 1 and January 31.
Proper conduct and common courtesy are essential for the TAVWC. Refer to the TVCA Association Rules, Article 9.4.3, regarding disciplinary actions that may be imposed.
Article III-Board Members
The TAVWC Board shall consist of five elected officers (Co-Presidents, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer) and the standing committee chairwomen. Committees are identified as Membership, Program, Publicity, Fund Raising, and Service. Additional committees may be established as needed at the discretion of the Executive Board.
A distinction is drawn between officers of the club who are term-limited and constitute the Executive Board, and committee chairs who are appointed by the Executive Board and are not subject to term limits. Members of the Executive Board shall be TAVWC regular members. Together the officers and committee chairs constitute the TAVWC Board.
Each board member has one vote. The Executive Board may vote on ad hoc items, as needed, without the approval of the entire board.
A nominating committee will be appointed by the Board in January to seek nominations for a new Executive Board. In February, the nominees will be presented to the general membership during the February event. On the first week of March an electronic communication shall be sent to all members in good standing to obtain approval of the new Executive Board. Brief biographies of each nominee shall also be provided for review at that time. The initial TAVWC Executive Board shall be approved, electronically, by a majority vote of the TAVWC members and they shall serve without compensation.
Each member of the TAVWC Executive Board shall be elected for a term of one year but may serve for one additional year in the same position. The additional year of service will not require additional member approval. No person shall be eligible to serve more than two consecutive terms in the same Executive Board Position. In the unlikely event that no prior board member is continuing in office, then the immediate Past President or her designee selected from the previous Board, who shall not have voting rights, will attend Board meetings in an advisory capacity for one year following her term of office.
Each incoming Executive Board shall appoint the standing committee chairs in March, prior to its April board meeting.
The TAVWC Executive Board shall exercise and perform such powers and duties as may be prescribed by the TVCA Association Rules and the TAVWC Bylaws, including but not restricted to:
1. Direct and supervise the administration and management of the TAVWC.
2. Attend all Board, Annual and Special Meetings of the TAVWC in so far as practical.
3. Have authority to create Standing Rules and Procedures.
4. Maintain records in official notebooks or electronically for each Board position to be passed on to subsequent office holders. Treasury and Secretary records must be kept for seven years.
The duties of the Executive Board Officers and Committee Chairwomen, or designees, are outlined below:
PRESIDENT/CO-PRESIDENTS - The President/Co-Presidents shall be the Chief Executive Officer(s) of the TAVWC and shall exercise and perform such powers and duties as may be prescribed by the TAVWC Board from time to time, including but not restricted to:
1. Prepare agenda and preside at all TAVWC Board, Annual and Special Meetings and membership
2. Supervise the general management of the TAVWC.
3. Be a member(s) ex-officio of all committees of the TAVWC, with the exception of the
Nominating/Election Committee when established.
4. Represent the TAVWC and report on activities, as requested, to external entities, including:
• The TVCA, (Trilogy at Vistancia Community Association)
• The Activities Director
5. Appoint, with the approval of the TAVWC Executive Board, the chairs of the standing and special
6. Maintain the Bylaws governing the conduct of the TAVWC, entering all approved amendments and
VICE-PRESIDENT - The Vice-President shall exercise and perform such powers and duties as may be prescribed by the TAVWC Executive Board from time to time, including but not restricted to:
1. Assume all duties and responsibilities of the President in the absence of the President/Co-Presidents.
2. Become President for the unexpired term in the event of a vacancy.
3. Provide support to the President/Co-Presidents in the conduct of TAVWC business.
4. Attend Service Committee meetings as requested.
5. Act as liaison between TAVWC and the Activities Director of the Kiva Club, scheduling and planning
6. Work with the Activities Director and Kiva staff to define the room set up for the monthly meetings,
and communicate with the Program Committee.
7. Attend to other logistical needs, such as scheduling motor coach transportation, etc., additional
rooms for special events, etc.
8. Monitor the sale of the tickets at the Kiva Club and determine a cut-off date.
9. Work with the Program Chair to determine event menus.
10. Set up for the monthly meeting one hour ahead of time; check the beverage station, tables, food
and other meeting equipment to ensure final plans are in place.
SECRETARY - The Secretary shall exercise and perform such powers and duties as may be prescribed by the TAVWC Executive Board from time to time, including but not restricted to:
1. Record all minutes of proceedings at Board, Annual and Special Meetings of the TAVWC. Prepare
preliminary minutes for the officers after which the minutes should be filed.
2. Prepare and send correspondence including thank you notes.
3. Prepare copies of the TAVWC meeting minutes and correspondence for the Trilogy at Vistancia
Community Association upon request.
TREASURER - The Treasurer shall exercise and perform such powers and duties as may be prescribed by the TAVWC Executive Board from time to time, including but not restricted to:
1. Keep an accurate account of all money collected and disbursed.
2. Present a report detailing income, expenditures and balances at the TAVWC Board meeting and post
3. Coordinate TAVWC monies collected and dispersed as required by the TVCA Association Rules, Article
4. Prepare copies of TAVWC financial records for the TVCA (Trilogy at Vistancia Community Association)
and the Activities Director.
FUNDRAISING CHAIR – The Fundraising Chair shall exercise and perform such powers and duties as may be prescribed by the TAVWC Executive Board from time to time, including but not restricted to:
1. Establish Fundraising activities to be conducted each year.
2. Establish a Fundraising Committee for the purpose of soliciting TAVWC’s annual Silent Auction
Donations, business sponsorships and the coordination of Holiday Home Tours or Dinner/Dance.
3. Report on Fundraising activities at TAVWC Board meetings.
4. Work with the Publicity Chair to develop all collateral material for Fundraising activities.
5. Coordinate all fundraising activities, coordinating with other board members as necessary.
6. Coordinate the selection of all charities to be supported by TAVWC each year.
MEMBERSHIP CHAIR - The Membership Chair shall exercise and perform such powers and duties as may be prescribed by the TAVWC Executive Board from time to time, including but not restricted to:
1. Report on Membership activities at the TAVWC Board meetings.
2. Responsible for event Registration and Door Greeters by working with the Registration Coordinator.
3. Order new members name tags and make them available for member pick-up during scheduled
events. Provide temporary name tags for members who do not have their name tags at time of event
4. Responsible for processing New Member applications, sending a Welcome Email, introducing new
members and escorting them to their tables during events.
5. Assist women who lost their tickets.
6. Maintain the TAVWC Roster of Membership and Volunteer List.
PROGRAM CHAIR – The Program Chair shall exercise and perform such powers and duties as may be prescribed by the TAVWC Executive Board from time to time, including but not restricted to:
1. Report on Program activities at the TAVWC Board meetings.
2. Assume responsibility for luncheon program and prepare appropriate materials for monthly
3. Present a proposed program outline for the year to the TAVWC Board each January.
4. Form a committee who shall be responsible for the maintenance of the TAVWC storage unit and
decorations for luncheon and greeting tables.
5. Finalized monthly plans should be submitted quarterly to the Board for final approval.
6. Coordinate with the Vice President and the Publicity Chair on program titles and details as well as the
7. Work with the Vice President to select a menu.
8. Coordinate photography requirements for each function.
PUBLICITY CHAIR - The Publicity Chair shall exercise and perform such powers and duties as may be prescribed by the TAVWC Executive Board from time to time, including but not restricted to:
1. Report on publicity activities at TAVWC Board meetings.
2. Publicize monthly luncheons and TAVWC activities by writing articles for the newsletter, Eblasts,
flyers, TAVWC web page, and other publicity opportunities.
3. Coordinate all TAVWC announcements with Activities Director.
CHARITY SERVICE CHAIR - The Charity Service Chair shall exercise and perform such powers and duties as may be prescribed by the TAVWC Executive Board from time to time, including but not restricted to:
1. Report on charity related activities and budget allocation requests at TAVWC Board meetings.
2. Schedule and monitor all activities related to charitable giving including the clothing drives and
various donations such as school supplies and toiletries.
3. Recruit and organize a committee to assist with charity related activities and other related functions.
4. Report on Volunteer activities at TAVWC Board meetings.
5. Hold Volunteers meetings to facilitate communication and involvement of Volunteers.
A vacancy on the TAVWC Executive Board, except that of President, shall be filled by appointment of the President with the approval of the TAVWC Executive Board. If a vacancy occurs in the office of President, the Vice-President shall become President and may then appoint her successor, with approval of the Executive Board. A TAVWC Executive Board member who has served more than half a term in office is considered to have served a full term in office.
Membership functions will be held on the second Monday of the month, unless otherwise specified. Special meetings will be called, as needed, to coincide with the functions. Non-Trilogy of Vistancia resident presenters may be given a free lunch in lieu of monetary payment.
TAVWC Full Board meetings will be held monthly or as needed. Executive Board meetings will be held prior to the monthly luncheon unless suspended.
Special meetings of the TAVWC Full Board or TAVWC Executive Board may be called at any time by the President or by a majority of the TAVWC Executive Board. The person or persons authorized to call a special meeting shall fix the time and date. The TAVWC Secretary shall record all minutes of proceedings.
Voting and quorum requirements are as follows:
A quorum is the minimum participation by the TAVWC membership (meeting or electronic vote/approval) necessary to conduct elections, to approve bylaws or to approve budgets. A quorum shall be ten percent (10%) of the TAVWC paid membership with a minimum number of twenty (20).
A member in good standing is eligible to vote.
A quorum of the Board is a majority of the Board members; i.e. five Board members with a minimum of two Executive Board members present.
Article V-Election of Executive Board
Election of officers constituting the Executive Board shall occur during the first week of March. This is to be conducted through an electronic communication and ballot.
During the first week of January a Nominating/Election Committee of four or more, with a maximum of 7 members, shall be appointed by the President, with approval of the Executive Board. The President may designate one of the committee members to serve as Chair. Members of the Nominating/Committee shall not be eligible to run for office.
The proposed slate of officers will be announced at the February function; additional nominations may be made from the floor at the February function. Nominations for any office shall require the prior consent of the nominee and verification that she is a permanent, year-round resident and has attended at least four (4) of the functions of that calendar year. Following the February function, a special electronic communication will be prepared to seek approval of the new Executive Board and brief biographies of each nominee shall be provided at that time. The names put forward will be interviewed by the committee.
All officers are to be elected by a majority vote of the paid members through an electronic ballot process. If there is only one candidate for each office, the ballot may be dispensed with and a viva voce (voice) vote taken. If more than one name is placed in nomination for an office, a written ballot may be taken at the Annual meeting.
The Executive Board officers elected in March assume their offices the following April. Following their election in March, the newly elected officers will attend Executive and Full Board meetings as non-voting members with the outgoing Board.
Financial records will be retained for a period of seven (7) years (prior to current year). Record retention will be the responsibility of the Manager and the Activities Director in accordance with the TVCA Association Rules, Article 9.5.4.
Two signatures, one by one of the members of the Executive Board and one by the Treasurer, or their designees, are required on Fund Requests for petty cash and all checks. Receipts are required for all expenditures.
Final records are audited on a yearly basis in accordance with the TVCA Association Rules, Article 9.5.1. A compliance committee will be appointed by the president to review financial documents prior to the annual audit or at the Treasurer’s end of term.
Trilogy at Vistancia Community Association, Association Rules, identified as 441241.4[8/1/05 2:40 PM], 0131890. On-line at My Trilogy Life: Menu=Associations, Section=Guidelines, Selection=Trilogy at Vistancia Association Rules.
Jacqueline Goodman, President
Lydia Genovese-Pelly, Vice-President
Glenna Hale, Secretary
Susan Josephson, Treasurer